Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snow Daze

Some Simple Math For Ya!

1 Snow Day
+3 Kids
+3 Meals cooked to customer child's requests
+5 Times I attempted to escape from my 5 year old by "going to the bathroom"
+5 Times my attempts were thwarted
+10 Times I started a movie my toddler wanted to watch, only for her to tell me that she didn't want to watch it anymore
+15 episodes of YouTube videos I had to watch that involved some person playing with Disney toys or creating play doh sculptures
+20 requests for juice and snacks
+24 times I remembered that I needed to put the chili in the crockpot, only to really remember at DINNER time....ugh
+131490812349 times I heard the phrase "I'm bored"
+131490812349 times I responded to the "I'm bored" phrase by saying "go clean your room"

Equals
0 bedrooms cleaned
1 exhausted mama
3 kids still staring me in my face
18oz of wine in my travel mug 
Photo Credit:Looking for the Sweet Spot

Now don't get me wrong, it's not always this bad.  When I feel like it, I can go into mommy sergeant mode and get these kids to clean up the whole house, and have all the meals prepared ahead of time.  But when it's gloomy or icky outside, my body just wants to be gloomy right along side of it.  In the summer, I'm all "Let's go biking, shopping, etc", but today, on this snowy day, I just want to be left the hell alone.  I want to scream "Call your grandma and see what they're doing".  I just want to watch Wendy Williams, drink Ginger Tea, and eat spoonfuls of peanut butter.

But as I sit here and watch my youngest eat her 4th piece of toast in my bed while watching her 500th episode of SpongeBob Squarepants, I can't help but just shrug and continue to type on my computer.  In my mind all I hear is "don't turn around and ask me for anything PLEASE"

I know I'll regret this when I want to climb in the bed with Mr. and realize the bed is full of crumbs. So then I'll have to change the sheets and vacuum which is a total mood killer.

I remember when snow days used to be fun.   I need to work on getting back to those days!  What do you do on snowy days?








1 comment:

  1. Girl the struggle is real with these kids. My two started off good, then the 3 year old started screaming on the 10 year old and it was all down hill from here. I let the oldest play Xbox and the little one was pissed she couldn't play. So she sat inside Tupperware while we colored. UGH! After I cooked lunch I found some peace while they watched a movie and ate popcorn.

    ReplyDelete

Like What You Read? Please leave a comment.