Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Week 8& 9

"Did your butt grow or is it just me?". My kids are rude. They kept discussing how big my ass has gotten. I can't wait until they have kids.... Payback is a biiiiiitch!!
Anyway, so these last two weeks have been eventful.  Last Friday, I got up to go to the bathroom and all this brown liquid rushed down my leg. It was a lot. I was scared. I yelled down to my husband and told him we should go to the ER. 
It was roughly 2a and hubby was only surging off of 2 hours of sleep.
We drive across the street to southern Maryland hospital and tell the person what's wrong and they tell us to sit and wait.   I overheard another nurse say they were swamped and there would be a 4 hour wait.  One lady had her husband in there with chest pains. He had heart surgery two weeks earlier.  They told this lady she would still have to wait 4 hours.  That conversation got ugly and the registration nurse kept yelling "well if you don't like it, you can go somewhere else!" 
I took that as a clue that I needed to get out of there. I kept envisioning me having a miscarriage in the waiting room and them making me sit in my blood for 4 hours.   That hospital is horrible.
So we left and went 30 miles north to the Hospital I'll be delivering.  (That's how much I hate SMH, I went even deliver there).  That place was packed and I figured I wouldn't be seen for 3-4 hours. I didn't see anymore blood, so I took my chances and just went home. I felt bad for dragging my sleepy husband all over town, but he was a great sport about it.
It felt like such a long weekend. I cramped the whole time. Finally Monday came and I made an  appointment with my OB.  They did a sonogram and we got to see the baby. Dancing!!! Yes this little fetus was having a party in my uterus. 
Best feeling ever. I was relieved to see activity.  
This pregnancy, I never could envision the new baby to be.  I couldn't get excited and I didn't know why. But the thought of losing it, changed everything.  Now I'm so excited and can't wait to meet this little person!!!

Pregnancy Links
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8 & 9
Week 10
Week 11 & 12
Week 14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like What You Read? Please leave a comment.