Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Crazy, right?


Have you ever had a moment in time where everything seems to be happening at once?  Or you feel extremely happy and completely annoyed at the same damn time?  Gotten to the point where you just wanted to SCREAM?   I think I was there yesterday, and apparently this was an overnight trip, because I still feel like I am there.  

I found out yesterday morning that my application for graduation was approved.  HELLS JEAHHH!  I feel like I have been in college for ever.  It took me 6 years to get my undergraduate degree because of two unplanned (but very much loved and welcomed) pregnancies.  

Then I tried to be billy bad azz and start grad school 2 months after my 2nd child was born.  
Crazy-fans-war-face  I was sooo amped.  I just knew I would be finished graduate degree in no time.  

Welp.....here we are 8 years later.  Yea, my plans didn't go the way I had hoped.  There were jobs, moves, a marriage and baby #3 that kind of "got in the way".  But I did it!! 

So that was the happy of yesterday.  But then the not so happy happened when the new chick at my job, came to my desk without a "good morning", "hello" or even "aye you" and invaded my personal space to look at my phone set up.  Well the IT guy she brought with her really invaded my space.  It all happened so fast, and I was screaming "what the hell are you doing" to the tech guy while I was explaining how rude the new girl was being.  Her response to not saying hi to me was "Well you looked busy and I didn't want to bother you".  SAY WHAT NOW!?!? 


I gave her the most confused/evil glare I could conjure up and as she flew out of my cubicle, I walked my tail to a coworkers desk.   I KNOW how I can be, and God has been working with me to control my temper.  Cray Cray Crystal would have kirked out on her.  Gone apeshyt, and well I really love my job, and I don't need that reputation.  

I know! I know! You are probably saying "I would have said this" or "I would have done that", but sometimes, things happen so fast that I can't think of quirky or sassy remarks to put her in her place and still save my face.  I'm a work in progress. I am definitely a "damn, I should have said...." kind of person.  But the new girl is now on strike 2, she has one more strike before her and I have to have a civil one on one discussion.  
 
So here I was at a crossroad in my emotions.  LOL! I was happy about the graduation, but at that brief moment I let that rude girl steal my joy and anger me.  I gave her too much power!!  But I eventually remembered a poem I wrote years ago, that always made me happy.  I hope you enjoy it.  I don't showcase my creativity all that often.  Please feel free to leave a comment, and use my poem to inspire others.

Stop Stressing, Acquire Jubilation 

Cause when you worry 
Your face will frown 
And that will bring everybody down 
So don't worry, be happy (now)..... 
Listen to what I say 
In your life expect some trouble 
But when you worry 
You make it double 
Don't worry, be happy...... 
Don't worry don't do it, be happy 

Ok, Ok Ok!!!! So maybe this wasn't so much a poem created by me, but moreso me copying & pasting the words to Bobby McFerrin's hit song "Don't Worry, Be Happy"....but I bet it made you smile!!  It made me smile writing it.  And on that note, I am finally waving my last goodbyes to Angryville.  

Awww shux! Dammit!!! Why didn't you guys have me check my ticket before I boarded this train, it clearly says the next stop is UGGHHHH Town, the city formally known as PMSboro.

Catch you all later, I need to run and stock up on Chocolate & practice my side eye.

EITB

1 comment:

  1. LMBAOOOOO @ your "poem"! Congrats again....you definitely deserve it ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Like What You Read? Please leave a comment.